Seattle Auditions, Arts Jobs, & Announcements: May 2022
This is our monthly digest of Seattle-area arts admin job openings, auditions, calls for scores, competitions, performer-composer happy hours, and more. Will you please tell us what interests you in this brief survey?
We invite you to submit announcements for inclusion in this email by the 25th of each month.
We compile this list of announcements manually each month and it means the world to us when you let us know you found something valuable.
Auditions, jobs, announcements
- Northwest Sinfonietta is holding auditions [scroll down to “auditions”] for the positions of associate concertmaster, principal bassoon, and second clarinet.
- The Cascade Symphony Orchestra is seeking a full-time, paid executive director starting in the summer of 2022.
- Choir of the Sound is hiring an associate director starting July 2022.
- Arx Music Association is offering community classes in the Alexander Technique + movement and the Kpanlogo style of drumming.
- Seattle Symphony is holding auditions for a 2nd assistant concertmaster.
- Seattle Symphony is hiring an artistic administrator, a community engagement programs manager, a digital project manager, and more.
- Seattle Opera is seeking an events coordinator and a PT audience services representative.
- KEXP is hiring a full-stack software developer.
- Town Hall Seattle is looking for a PT house manager and event staff.
- KING FM is hiring an IT director and a development associate.
- ArtsFund is seeking an annual giving manager and a communications and digital marketing manager.
- Seattle Bach Choir is hearing auditions by appointment.
- Live Music Project is currently looking for remote volunteers for our Calendar Squad and our Software Development Team.
Other resources for jobs and opportunities
- Artist Trust — Opportunities for Artists
- Composer’s Site — Offerings of interest to composers: competitions; jobs; calls for submissions; grants, awards; etc.
- Creative Capital — Artist Opportunities
- Fractured Atlas — Upcoming grants and opportunities for artists and arts-based projects
- New York Foundation for the Arts — Opportunities
- Springboard for the Arts — Opportunities Guide
- Western Arts Alliance — Jobs and opportunities in the performing arts
- Philanthropy News Digest — Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and notices of awards for U.S.-based nonprofit organizations
To receive community announcements by email, subscribe to our newsletter.
We invite you to submit announcements/deadlines for inclusion in this newsletter by the 25th of each month. You can do that here.
Past issues are located in the archive.
ABOUT THE LIVE MUSIC PROJECT
The Live Music Project is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization building technology for the classical music community. We believe that access to the arts begins with access to information about the arts!
Our mission is to connect people with live classical music in a way that strengthens community, celebrates listener agency, and amplifies local arts resources.
Volunteers make our world go ‘round! If you would like to join our community of fabulous volunteers, we can’t wait to meet you!